Bark to the 70s: Studio Fifty-Fur
It's time to dust off that polyester suit, bring out your favorite bell bottoms and channel your dancing queen cause we're taking the dogs back to the far-out disco 70s for some summer fun.
Join Kamp K9 Hawaii and all their fur-ends for Bark to the 70s Studio Fifty-Fur on Saturday June 2, 2018 from 11:00am to 2:00pm at Aliamanu Middle School's: Cafeteria.
This event is open to the public and admission is FREE!
All well behaved dogs are welcomed and encouraged to attend.
Aliamanu Middle School is located in the Salt Lake area of Oahu at 3271 Salt Lake Boulevard, Honolulu HI 96818.
There is free parking on site and there is parking in the surrounding area too.
We will have many pet related business vendors participating, selling products and/or distributing information regarding their services and pet related organizations. Final list of all vendors on site will be distributed at the event to all in attendance. Be sure to stop by each table and pick up some goodies for your pup, participate in activities and see what services are offered on island.
Current List of Participating Vendors (subject to change):
To Be Announced
There will be a three canine costume contests for any doggie to participate. The categories for the contests are...
Best Disco Diva (for female dogs only)
Best He's a Dancing Machine (for male dogs only)
Best 70s Duo (dog/dog or dog/owner): Participants in this category must be dressed in their best 70s inspired outfits
Must be present to win. Prizes to be awarded after all contest categories are completed. Prize bag contents will be announced at the event.
Sign ups for the contest will begin at 11:00am until 11:45am. Canine Costume Contests will be begin at 12:30pm.
Join in for the Doggie Soul Train Fashion Parade for all dogs and owners who wish to show off their pups in their 70s themed, Aloha themed or their favorite outfit/costume. Make sure to brush up on those 70s disco dance moves to show off for the pup-a-razzi as everyone will walk to the song "You Should Be Dancing" by the Bee Gees. Doggie Fashion Parade will begin at 12:00pm.
** DOGS AND/OR OWNERS DO NOT HAVE TO DRESS UP TO ATTEND THIS EVENT **
Guidelines to keep in mind, and adhere to, if your are bringing your pup or pups to the event:
1. All dogs must be leashed, secured in a stroller or carried. Please no off leash dogs at any time.
2. No female dogs in heat.
3. Please be sure to clean up after your dogs if they have an accident in or around the facility. We are looking to host future dog events at the same location and would like to be invited back, so your cooperation is highly requested.
* There will be spray bottles with cleaning solution, paper towels, and trash bags to help you with the clean up. Please be sure to clean up the area as best as possible.
4. If you know that your dog is super reactive to other dogs and is subject to be aggressive towards other dogs, please leave them at home where it is safer for all those attending. We do not want anyone harmed or put in harms way at the event.
5. For safety and insurance purposes, no retractable leashes.
* If you do not own a non retractrable leash, then the leash must be locked in a reasonable length. No dogs should be able to roam away freely from their owner.
6. Everyone is responsible for their own dog or dogs and will be held liable in the event that something happens (i.e. dog bite, dog fight, destruction to vendor property, etc.). If your dog or dogs are causing major issues to anyone or any dog in attendance, you will be asked to leave.
7. If your dog is sick prior to the event (vomiting, dirrahea, etc.), is recovering from an illness, injury or surgery, please leave him/her at home where they can recoup in the comfort of their own home. We don't want to risk spreading any illness or recovery not to go well.
8. Puppies are welcomed to attend, but precautions will need to be taken. If your puppy has not received all their puppy vaccines, please do not to let them walk around or interact with any dogs in attendance. This is for the safety of their health. Puppies not fully vaccinated in attendance should be hand carried or carried in a sturdy dog carrier/bag, or in a doggy stroller.
9. No smoking of any kind is allowed on the school's property. This includes E-cigarettes. Please step out to the across the street to smoke and return when finished.
10. Children in attendance MUST be with their parents at all times. Please do not let your kids run or walk around unsupervised or without a guardian with them during the event.
*A list of guidelines for the event will be handed out to everyone at the entrances to the event to reinforce the importance of creating and maintaining a safe and fun event for everyone.
Facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1960820990912084/
Stay tuned for any updates, details or changes for the event. Rain or shine, all can still attend and enjoy the festivities....it's going to be a groovy time!