Bark to the 80s Dog Days of Summer Bash
It's time to breakout the teasing comb and Aquanet, dust off those Members Only jackets, dig out your favorite leg warmers and channel your inner Karma Chameleons cause we're kicking off the summer and taking the dogs back in time for some like totally rad pawsome fun.
Join Kamp K9 Hawaii and all their fur-ends for the Bark to the 80s Dog Days of Summer Bash on Sunday June 11, 2017 from 10:00am to 2:00pm at Aloha Stadium's North Plaza.
This event is open to the public and
admission is $1.00/per person (Aloha Stadium Standard Fee). All dogs are
welcomed and encouraged to attend.
Aloha Stadium's North Plaza is located between sections 6 & 7. This event is scheduled to be outdoors in a completely shaded area, however should weather not permit to keep the current location, the event will be moved over to the Hospitality Room located at the Box Office.
There is parking at Aloha Stadium and will be taking place during normal Swap Meet hours. Aloha Stadium is waiving their rules and allowing dogs on the premises for this event only.
We will have many pet related business vendors on site selling products and/or distributing information regarding their services and pet related organizations. Final list of all vendors on site will be distributed at the event to all in attendance. Be sure to stop by each tent and pick up some goodies for your pup, participate in activities and see what services are offered on island.
Current List of Participating Vendors (subject to change):
808 Raw Pet Food, Fur Angel Foundation: Education Initiative, Graced With Smiles Photography, Hula Pooch, Kama'aina K9 Adventures, Kapolei Pet Hospital, Kamp K9 Hawaii, Louie Lou Hawaii, Maikai Pet Sitting & Grooming, Mai Pup Hawaii, Oahu SPCA, Off Leash K9 Training Hawaii, Pawsh Pet Designs, PetVet Animal Hospital, Pia + Michio, Poi Dog Treats, The Public Pet, Windward Community College: Veterinarian Technician Program, Elon's Custom Furniture and Kawata & Au Pet Decor
There will be a three canine costume contests for any doggie to participate. The categories for the contests are...
Best 80s Movie: Dogs in this category must be dressed in a popular 80s movie theme
Examples: Ghostbusters, The Karate Kid, Troop Beverly Hills, The Outsiders, Major League, Top Gun, Police Academy, etc.
Best 80s Singer/Band: Dogs in this category must be dressed as a popular 80s singer or band
Examples: Cyndi Lauper, Madonna, Twisted Sister, Prince, Devo, ZZ Top, Salt n Pepa, Michael Jackson, etc.
Best 80s Duo (dog/dog or dog/owner): Participants in this category must be dressed as a popular 80s duo.
Examples: McFly/Doc Brown (Back to the Future), Baker/Ponch (CHiPS), Daniel/Mr Miyagi or Daniel/Johnny (The Karate Kid), Michael Knight/Kitt (Knight Rider), Crocket/Tubbs (Miami Vice).
Side Note: If any of the themes you choose has be remade, you need to be in the 80s version.
Must be present to win. Prizes to be awarded after all contest categories are completed. Prize bag contents will be announced at the event.
Sign ups for the contest will begin at 10:00am until 11:45am. Canine Costume Contests will be begin at 12:30pm.
Join in for the Doggie Fashion Parade for all dogs and owners who wish to show off their pups in their 80s themed, Aloha themed or their favorite outfit/costume. Make sure to brush up on those 80s dance moves to show off for the pup-a-razzi as everyone will walk to the song "Walk This Way" by Run DMC featuring Aerosmith. Doggie Fashion Parade will begin at 12:00pm.
** DOGS AND/OR OWNERS DO NOT HAVE TO DRESS UP TO ATTEND THIS EVENT **
Guidelines to keep in mind, and adhere to, if your are bringing your pup or pups to the event:
1. All dogs must be leashed, secured in a stroller or carried. Please no off leash dogs at any time.
2. No female dogs in heat.
3. Please be sure to clean up after your dogs if they have an accident in or around the facility. We are looking to host future dog events at the same location and would like to be invited back, so your cooperation in highly requested. There will be spray bottles with cleaning solution, paper towels, and trash bags to help you with the clean up. Please be sure to clean up the area as best as possible.
4. If you know that your dog is super reactive to other dogs and is subject to be aggressive towards other dogs, please leave them at home where it is safer for all those attending. We do not want anyone harmed or put in harms way at the event.
5. For safety and insurance purposes, no retractable leashes. If you do not own a non retractrable leash, then the leash must be locked in a reasonable length. No dogs should be able to roam away freely from their owner.
6. Everyone is responsible for their own dog or dogs and will be held liable in the event that something happens (i.e. dog bite, dog fight, destruction to vendor property, etc.). If your dog or dogs are causing major issues to anyone or any dog in attendance, you will be asked to leave.
7. If your dog(s) is sick prior to the event (vomiting, dirrahea, etc.), is recovering from an illness, injury or surgery, please leave him/her at home where they can recoup in the comfort of their own home. We don't want to risk spreading any illness or recovery not to go well.
8. Puppies are welcomed to attend. If your puppy has not received all their puppy vaccines, please be sure not to let them walk around or interact with any dogs in attendance. This is for the safety of their health. Puppies not fully vaccinated in attendance should be hand carried or carried in a sturdy dog carrier/bag, or in a doggy stroller.
9. No smoking of any kind is allowed inside the event venue area. If you need to smoke, you will need to step out to the stadium designated area for smoking. This is to include E-cigarettes. Please check with stadium personnel for proper designated smoking areas.
*A list of guidelines for the event will be handed out to everyone at the entrances to the event to reinforce the importance of creating and maintaining a safe and fun event for everyone.
Free Tickets via Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/bark-to-the-80s-dog-days-of-summer-bash-tickets-32490372579
Tickets are not mandatory at this time, but will be needed if the event is moved in doors.
Facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/465657480432629/
Stay tuned for any updates, details or changes for the event. Rain or shine, all can still attend and enjoy the festivities....like for sure.