Pup-ular Questions (aka Frequently Asked Questions)
1. What are your rates?
$40.00 a day.
Please note that there are discounts available that can be applied towards the total of the K9 Kamper Stay-cation. Check under the "Rates" tab for more information.
* There will be a rate increase of $10.00 effective January 1, 2018. Discounts are still available to all clients.
2. Do you offer "Doggie Daycare"?
Sorry folks, but at this time we do not offer doggie daycare services. We are looking to include other services in the future, but at this moment we only offer overnight dog boarding.
3. Do you train dogs?
No unfortunately we are not dog trainers but are more than happy to refer you to dog trainers on island that are able to assist you.
4. Do you have live video cameras so I can see my dog when I want?
No I'm sorry we don't. Kamp K9 Hawaii is a in-home dog boarding company, meaning we run our business out of the privacy of our own home. For safety, security and privacy purposes we do not have video cameras inside our property.
5. My dog is on daily medication, can you give them their meds while they stay with you?
Yes, we can administer medication to any dog and at no additional cost. Just let us know on our contract how to administer medication (i.e. wrap in bologna, pill pocket, mix with food, etc.)
6. I have a 8 week old puppy and need to leave for the weekend, can my puppy stay with you?
Our apologies but we do not offer over night boarding for puppies.
7. How far in advance can we book a reservation?
You can book as far in advance as six months in advance. Since we only take in a few dogs at a time, we tend to book up pretty fast, especially during peak travels time like summer and holidays.
If you are a "first time client", your pup will have to undergo a temperament test with us to secure that he or she is comfortable with us and is a good fit as a K9 Kamper (no exceptions). Please check the First Time Clients tab for details.
8. My dog HATES being around other dogs, can he or she still stay with you?
No I'm sorry but he or she cannot stay with us. Our company requirements mandate that ALL dogs be dog and people friendly (no exceptions). Please check under the Requirements & More tab for more information.
9. Do you offer pet sitting or do you have employees that can come to my house and watch my dog(s)?
Sorry but we are not a pet sitting company and we do not have employees. City & County Regulations stipulates that we are not allowed to have employees because we run our business and provide our services directly from our home.
10. I have a pet that is not a dog, can he or she still stay with you?
Sorry but we are strictly dogs only.