2nd Annual Howl-oween Boo-nanza
Calling all ghosts, goblins and monsters to come out and play for some paw-some doggie Halloween fun, tricks and treats .
Join Kamp K9 Hawaii and all their fur-ends for the 2nd Annual Howl-oween Boo-nanza on Sunday October 22, 2017 from 10:00am to 2:00pm at Aloha Stadium's North Plaza.
This event is open to the public and
admission is $1.00/per person (Aloha Stadium Standard Fee). All dogs are
welcomed and encouraged to attend.
Aloha Stadium's North Plaza is located between sections 6 & 7. This event is scheduled to be outdoors in a completely shaded area, however should weather not permit to keep the current location, the event will be moved over to the Hospitality Room located at the Box Office.
There is parking at Aloha Stadium and will be taking place during normal Swap Meet hours. Aloha Stadium is waiving their rules and allowing dogs on the premises for this event only.
We will have many pet related business vendors on site selling products and/or distributing information regarding their services and pet related organizations. Final list of all vendors on site will be distributed at the event to all in attendance. Be sure to stop by each tent and pick up some goodies for your pup, participate in activities and see what services are offered on island.
Current List of Participating Vendors (subject to change):
To Be Announced-Please Check Back
There will be a three canine costume contests for any doggie to participate. The categories for the contests are...
Best Halloween Duo (dog/dog or dog/owner)
Must be present to win. Prizes to be awarded after all contest categories are completed. Prize bag contents will be announced at the event.
Sign ups for the contest will begin at 10:00am until 11:45am. Canine Costume Contests will be begin at 12:30pm.
** DOGS AND/OR OWNERS DO NOT HAVE TO DRESS UP TO ATTEND THIS EVENT **
Guidelines to keep in mind, and adhere to, if your are bringing your pup or pups to the event:
1. All dogs must be leashed, secured in a stroller or carried. Please no off leash dogs at any time.
2. No female dogs in heat.
3. Please be sure to clean up after your dogs if they have an accident in or around the facility. We are looking to host future dog events at the same location and would like to be invited back, so your cooperation in highly requested. There will be spray bottles with cleaning solution, paper towels, and trash bags to help you with the clean up. Please be sure to clean up the area as best as possible.
4. If you know that your dog is super reactive to other dogs and is subject to be aggressive towards other dogs, please leave them at home where it is safer for all those attending. We do not want anyone harmed or put in harms way at the event.
5. For safety and insurance purposes, no retractable leashes. If you do not own a non retractrable leash, then the leash must be locked in a reasonable length. No dogs should be able to roam away freely from their owner.
6. Everyone is responsible for their own dog or dogs and will be held liable in the event that something happens (i.e. dog bite, dog fight, destruction to vendor property, etc.). If your dog or dogs are causing major issues to anyone or any dog in attendance, you will be asked to leave.
7. If your dog(s) is sick prior to the event (vomiting, dirrahea, etc.), is recovering from an illness, injury or surgery, please leave him/her at home where they can recoup in the comfort of their own home. We don't want to risk spreading any illness or recovery not to go well.
8. Puppies are welcomed to attend. If your puppy has not received all their puppy vaccines, please be sure not to let them walk around or interact with any dogs in attendance. This is for the safety of their health. Puppies not fully vaccinated in attendance should be hand carried or carried in a sturdy dog carrier/bag, or in a doggy stroller.
9. No smoking of any kind is allowed inside the event venue area. If you need to smoke, you will need to step out to the stadium designated area for smoking. This is to include E-cigarettes. Please check with stadium personnel for proper designated smoking areas.
*A list of guidelines for the event will be handed out to everyone at the entrances to the event to reinforce the importance of creating and maintaining a safe and fun event for everyone.
Free Tickets via Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2nd-annual-howloween-boonanza-tickets-33972997149
Tickets are not mandatory at this time, but will be needed if the event is moved in doors.
Facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1604728949567321
Stay tuned for any updates, details or changes for the event. Rain or shine, all can still attend and enjoy the festivities....like for sure.